Monday, January 28, 2008

Introduction!!

This is the first time I have ever done a blog page before. I have several friends that have them and I enjoy reading theirs. So here it goes......
I am Kimberly Reaves. I am from Utah and my Husband, Scott, is originally from Alabama. We have been married for 5 years. We met on a blind date hook-up. On our first date we hit it off so well, that from that point on we were always together. Scott and I were married on April 5th 2002 in the Salt Lake City Temple. Scott is not only a wonderful husband and father but he is my best friend and I can't imagine life without him. He has truly blessed my life more than he will ever realize.
We have two beautiful children. Myllie is 4 years old and Ethan is 18 months. Scott is in the Air Force and I run an in home Day Care. Military life is hard, but livable. Our first Duty Station was at Lakenheath AFB in England. We were there for 3 years. It was the first time I had ever been outside the Country. The first year was the hardest mostly because I had only ever lived in Utah. I am very close with my family so being that far away was hard. We had many great experiences in England and hope to someday go back for a visit. We are now sationed at Mountain Home AFB in Idaho. We have been here for almost 2 years. We have enjoyed our time here as well, mostly because we are so close to family now. Running a Day Care has its hard days, but it allows me to stay at home with our children and help out with our finances. It makes me feel good to help out. My biggest goal last year was to lose weight. I have been battling with my weight ever since Myllie was born in 2003. I lost a little bit of it, but got in the mind set that since we were going to have more children I wouldn't work to hard at it. Then after we had Ethan in 2006 I got really depressed with how I looked and I wasn't happy at all. January 2007 I hit a all time low weighing in at 290 lbs.
In January 2007 Scott left for Afghanastan. Probably the one thing I hate the most about the military is the deployments. Anyway after he left I took a good hard look at myself in the mirror (which I rarely did). I had hit the point where I was going to change and lose weight or just be happy with the weight I had. So I started exercising and eating better. I cut out sugar all together, and started walking on the Treadmill an hour in the morning and an hour at night. While Scott was gone I stayed with my parents which was wonderful. They were a big support to me and did everything they could to help me out. They would play with the kids while I exercised. They went on a diet with me. They were great!! By the time Scott got home I had lost 60 lbs. The look on Scott's face when he saw me after 5 months of being apart was priceless. He had no idea that I had lost that much weight. Over the next few months he noticed that I was becoming the old Kim again. The Kim that he married. It made my heart sore to see that little twinkle in his eye every time he looked at me. I had made a goal to lose 100 lbs by January 2008. It was very hard to stick with it. I had days when I wanted to give up and said I don't want to exercise anymore, and I want to eat whatever I wanted. Scott was right there with me helping me, giving me a boost when I needed it and cheering me on. He has been incredible!! I got to where I worked out for an hour a day and would allow myself one day when I could have a little sugar. It had been a crazy year.
When we went home for Christmas I had lost 100 lbs. YEAH!!!! It was a great feeling. I had done it! I had reached my goal. Our families couldn't believe it. I looked great and I felt great. I have about 50 more lbs that I want to lose but I know that I can do it!! Last year was an amazing year for me. I hope that this year will be just as amazing!

1 comment:

Missy Ann said...

Kim,
You look amazing! I just wanna cry I am so happy for you. I am so glad you jumped onto the blogger bandwagon. I am so going to add you to my list of other blogs.

Love you guys.